Mont-St-Michel

Mont-St-Michel
He is my Fortress!, Ps 27:1

Friday, September 16, 2011

Let it Rain

We've been sitting in the driest conditions in our dustbowl of a state watching the clouds gather and tease us with hopes and thoughts of rain.  I watched my kids run squealing out of our house a few days ago because there were a few rain drops on the grill.  I walked to and from our local dance studio yesterday because for once this year, it was cool enough to not just do it, but to enjoy it.  And my aching joints suggest that perhaps, just maybe, if the atmosphere is truly as it feels it is, we might just get some rain sometime soon.

But here I am, doing a "rain check" on my heart.  Is my heart dry and brittle?  Have I neglected the Word, which rains hope and peace and floods my soul with His goodness?  Am I feeling discontented not because I truly need to work harder but because I have let weeds of pride or envy creep into the garden which God has planted in my heart?  When I talk to my children, is it with love, peace, joy, and understanding, or am I hard like our Texas soil in the absence of rain?  I am thankful to say that right now I am in a season of gentle, soaking rain.  You remember it?  The kind our property so desperately needs right now?  I'm still lumpy and bumpy and I need the Gardener to weed and till up some of the hard ground, but there is a healthy growth working its way through the hardness that drought has created.

Let's pray for rain, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment