Mont-St-Michel

Mont-St-Michel
He is my Fortress!, Ps 27:1

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Destination: Vacation

We haven't taken a lot of vacations in our family as the family has grown- it is just plain hard traveling in a family of six.  We are too darn honest to check into a hotel and NOT tell them how many of us there are, and there just aren't a lot of hotels set up to handle all of us.  I took two of the kids and went with a friend and our dance buddies to Orlando last year, but our last trip as a whole family was probably three years ago to San Antonio!  We went there with one of the big guy's brothers.

For whatever reason, we are once again taking our vacation with family, heading to the Smoky Mountains to hook up with many of the family members, and taking over a 9 bedroom cabin.  I admit some concerns over being in a cabin, however, large, with 12 kids, but looking at the cabin pics, aside from my fear of losing one of them, and the suspicion that I will once again be labeled the mean aunt because I just don't tolerate a lot of running amok and screaming and expect to be listened to, I think it will end up being a lot of fun.  I'll keep you posted.  Maybe I can even manage to post a pic a day of our lovely surroundings.  Fortunately, the Smokies are no where near as high as the Rockies, so hopefully altitude sickness won't be a part of my week.

Here's to fun with a little less sun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment